U.S.O. Project is pleased to announce that the 2012 edition of Sonic Screens will be focused entirely to the electro-acoustic music praxis.
Specifically, candidates should produce a composition for instruments and real-time signal processing (live electronics).
Two works will be selected to be played during the concert.
The requirements are as follows:
- The piece must be composed for Violin and Cello as a duo. Scores for solo violin or cello will not be taken into account.
- The Score (in .pdf format) must be graphical and not in traditional notation.
- The interpretational and playing instructions should be made clear, in order for the players to follow them even without the presence of the composer.
- The electronic processing must be developed and implemented using Max/MSP or Kyma (*). The multichannel format for the spatial diffusion must be up to 6.0 (2.0 and 4.0 works are still eligible).
- The type of interaction should follow the "ecosystemic" paradigm and should be as autonomous as possible (no pedals or sensors are allowed).
- The work should not exceed a total duration of 12 minutes.
The evaluation criteria will focus on originality and effectiveness of the interplay between the electronic and instrumental parts.
The deadline for all submissions is set for 30th June, 2012.
Interested composers and sound artists should send the material (Score + Patch) within this date.
The two selected works will be presented during the evening of Sonic Screens in Milan.
The event will be recorded for digital distribution (on Synesthesia Recordings netlabel).
The names of the musicians who will perform the selected scores will be announced in March.
U.S.O. Project, composer Daniele Corsi and the musicians chosen to perform during the concert will form the reading panel which will evaluate the submitted works.
The selected works will be announced in September 2012.
For more information or clarifications, please contact us at our e-mail:
submissions at synesthesiarecordings dot com
We can only accepts patches made with Kyma or Max/MSP due to the fact that we are not able to provide financial support for the two selected composers. To avoid any technical issues, we had chosen the platforms we already use in our daily work, with which we are very familiar. If the selected composers can confirm their presence for the evening concert at their own expenses, then any piece of software/hardware can be used to perform live electronics. Thank you for your comprehension.